The most feared snapping turtle in the United States is usually considered to be the alligator snapping turtle. They just look mean (and they are).
Second place is awarded to the common snapping turtle. They have the same generally bad disposition, the same ambush hunting techniques, and they are big enough to remove part of your hand if not just a few fingers. They will make short work of it too.
- Coho Salmon (Oncorhynchus kisutch)
- Dobsonfly - King Of The Insects
- Common Snapping Turtle (Chelydra serpentina)
- Baby Turtles! Red-Eared Slider (Trachemys scripta ...
- Texas Leech
- Carrion Beetle (Nicrophorus carolinensis)
- Predacious Diving Beetle (Cybister fimbriolatus)
- Click Beetle / Eyed-Elater (family elateridae)
- Six-Spotted Tiger Beetle (Cicindela sexguttata)
- Whirligig Beetle, or Gyrinidae Beetle, (Dineutus s...
- Red Ichneumon Wasp (Ichneumonidae)
- Native Green Bee (Andrena ilicis)
- Camouflage Moth (Noctuoidea) – Disappearing In Pla...
- A Goofy Looking Insect - The White-Headed Fly (Arc...
- Mima Mounds
- Phorid Fly (Pseudacteon obtusus)
- The Red Imported Fire Ant (Solenopsis invicta)
- Euphoria Beetle (euphoria fulgida)
- Stolen Cameras
- Oregon's Painted Hills
- Pollen Cones Of Lodgepole Pine (Pinus contorta)
- Pacific Lamprey - Important To Tribes Of The Colum...
- Pacific Lamprey (Lampetra tridentata) Populations ...
- Northern Red-legged Frog (Rana aurora)
- white's Tree Frog (Litoria caerulea)
- ▼ February (25)
- ► 2008 (19)
- ► 2007 (15)