Another interesting beetle adaptation. The predacious diving beetle lives and hunts underwater, but when it needs to relocate, it can take to the air until it locates another suitable body of water. These beetles are large enough to kill and consume small fish, however they typically hunt other invertebrates.
diving beetle in action
- Coho Salmon (Oncorhynchus kisutch)
- Dobsonfly - King Of The Insects
- Common Snapping Turtle (Chelydra serpentina)
- Baby Turtles! Red-Eared Slider (Trachemys scripta ...
- Texas Leech
- Carrion Beetle (Nicrophorus carolinensis)
- Predacious Diving Beetle (Cybister fimbriolatus)
- Click Beetle / Eyed-Elater (family elateridae)
- Six-Spotted Tiger Beetle (Cicindela sexguttata)
- Whirligig Beetle, or Gyrinidae Beetle, (Dineutus s...
- Red Ichneumon Wasp (Ichneumonidae)
- Native Green Bee (Andrena ilicis)
- Camouflage Moth (Noctuoidea) – Disappearing In Pla...
- A Goofy Looking Insect - The White-Headed Fly (Arc...
- Mima Mounds
- Phorid Fly (Pseudacteon obtusus)
- The Red Imported Fire Ant (Solenopsis invicta)
- Euphoria Beetle (euphoria fulgida)
- Stolen Cameras
- Oregon's Painted Hills
- Pollen Cones Of Lodgepole Pine (Pinus contorta)
- Pacific Lamprey - Important To Tribes Of The Colum...
- Pacific Lamprey (Lampetra tridentata) Populations ...
- Northern Red-legged Frog (Rana aurora)
- white's Tree Frog (Litoria caerulea)
- ▼ February (25)
- ► 2008 (19)
- ► 2007 (15)