Photo Durham Logo - Link to Home Page

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Into The Misty Mountains

I've been waiting for the rain.

I was hoping that the first flush of rain water flowing down the coastal mountains would inspire the coho salmon to migrate up the Smith River. I left Portland early, had a long drive in poor visibility, and arrived at the river much later than I wanted. I waited for hours, and nothing happened. No fish. I had directions to a little waterfall that the salmon must jump up and clear to get up river. Good photo opportunity, however the timing is always tricky. And this spot was actually a little tricky to find (In fact, I'm not 100% sure I was at the right falls).

To pass the time I wandered around with the camera and made some scenics. It is something I enjoy doing, despite the fact that it is not really something I do very often, or very well.

My only results for the day...











1 comment:

Rozanne said...

Those are absolutely breathtaking photos!

Subscribe in a reader

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Details About Me

Portland, Oregon, United States
Husband, Father, Student Of Natural History, Photographer