Photo Durham Logo - Link to Home Page

Friday, December 22, 2006

Getting Close – Salmon Jump

My fourth trip to try and photograph salmon jumping up a waterfall. Finally got a shot, but I think I can do better. Looks like a Coho, although this is the tale end of that run. Steelhead should be moving up the Lewis River soon.

121606CS2 copy


Watching the fish I came up with an idea for submerging a digital camera into the rough water with a video feed
. I would use the video feed to see where the camera is pointed and trigger it with a remote when I find something cool. It could be an interesting image, or a clever way to destroy an expensive camera. I am working like a mad professor in my workshop. More later.

No comments:

Subscribe in a reader

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Details About Me

Portland, Oregon, United States
Husband, Father, Student Of Natural History, Photographer