The high-speed camera is cool because it can record things beyond what the human eye can perceive. I remain convinced that there are some wonderful and amazing things that happen at every moment, but proceed unnoticed because of perception, or lack there of.
Behold two long-legged bats in hot pursuit of one another. This is not the best image, but it records something remarkable. Note how they are contorting their bodies as they proceed at full speed with what appears to be chase and evasion.
Two long-legged bats (Myotis volans) exit Pond Cave, one in hot pursuit of the other
Thursday, July 29, 2010
- Time Lapse 2
- Sunrise Time Lapse
- Bat Chase - Hot Pursuit
- Townsend's big-eared bat (Corynorhinus townsendii)...
- Western Small-footed Myotis (Myotis ciliolabrum)
- Long-Legged Bat (Myotis volans)
- Western Long-eared Myotis (Myotis evotis)
- A New Discovery - Craters Of The Moon National Mon...
- Cinder Garden
- American pika (Ochotona princeps) Video
- American Pika (Ochotona princeps) in Craters of th...
- Harvesting Pacific Lamprey 2
- Harvesting Pacific Lamprey (Lampetra tridentata)
- Treaty Rights - Pacific Lamprey (Lampetra tridenta...
- Craters Of The Moon - Sunset
- Double Rainbow
- Say's Phoebe (Sayornis saya)
- Soldier Fly (Hermetia illucens, Family Stratiomyii...
- Barn Swallow Flying
- Bat At Dusk
- The Pack Rat And The Pringles Can
- ▼ July (21)
- ► 2008 (19)
- ► 2007 (15)