I have been working in high-definition video for the past four years, but the remarkable Canon 5d Mk II and 7D have allowed me to shoot much more while in the field. Shoots that were strictly still photo, can now also be HD video without much additional equipment.
Of course, it has been possible to shoot video with a regular old still camera if one chooses to hook up an intervalometer and leave a camera in place for many hours if not days. The video below was shot with a standard issue Canon rebel purchased used off of Craigslist. I stuck it out in the middle of the high-desert in Washington and left it unattended for nearly two days while I was photographing bats.
Sometimes you get lucky with weather and atmosphere. Sometimes you don't.
object width="640" height="385">
- Time Lapse 2
- Sunrise Time Lapse
- Bat Chase - Hot Pursuit
- Townsend's big-eared bat (Corynorhinus townsendii)...
- Western Small-footed Myotis (Myotis ciliolabrum)
- Long-Legged Bat (Myotis volans)
- Western Long-eared Myotis (Myotis evotis)
- A New Discovery - Craters Of The Moon National Mon...
- Cinder Garden
- American pika (Ochotona princeps) Video
- American Pika (Ochotona princeps) in Craters of th...
- Harvesting Pacific Lamprey 2
- Harvesting Pacific Lamprey (Lampetra tridentata)
- Treaty Rights - Pacific Lamprey (Lampetra tridenta...
- Craters Of The Moon - Sunset
- Double Rainbow
- Say's Phoebe (Sayornis saya)
- Soldier Fly (Hermetia illucens, Family Stratiomyii...
- Barn Swallow Flying
- Bat At Dusk
- The Pack Rat And The Pringles Can
- ▼ July (21)
- ► 2008 (19)
- ► 2007 (15)