One of the most beautiful and sensitive species of bats using this cave is the townsend's big-eared bat. I got this shot just moments before I shut the system down. In fact, I was dissapointed that I had not photographed any of the Townsend's that I knew were using the cave. Like magic, this was the final frame.
A townsend's big-eared bat (Corynorhinus townsendii) exiting pond cave
Wednesday, July 28, 2010
- Time Lapse 2
- Sunrise Time Lapse
- Bat Chase - Hot Pursuit
- Townsend's big-eared bat (Corynorhinus townsendii)...
- Western Small-footed Myotis (Myotis ciliolabrum)
- Long-Legged Bat (Myotis volans)
- Western Long-eared Myotis (Myotis evotis)
- A New Discovery - Craters Of The Moon National Mon...
- Cinder Garden
- American pika (Ochotona princeps) Video
- American Pika (Ochotona princeps) in Craters of th...
- Harvesting Pacific Lamprey 2
- Harvesting Pacific Lamprey (Lampetra tridentata)
- Treaty Rights - Pacific Lamprey (Lampetra tridenta...
- Craters Of The Moon - Sunset
- Double Rainbow
- Say's Phoebe (Sayornis saya)
- Soldier Fly (Hermetia illucens, Family Stratiomyii...
- Barn Swallow Flying
- Bat At Dusk
- The Pack Rat And The Pringles Can
- ▼ July (21)
- ► 2008 (19)
- ► 2007 (15)