You don't want to know about the habits of the green bottle fly, a member of the blow fly family. But I have always admired the green iridescence of its exoskeleton.
The photo below paints something of an idyllic picture. Don't be fooled. Sure, this fly will enjoy an occasional meal of flower nectar - but If you want to know more about how this fly thrives - just go here.
green bottle fly (calliphora sp.) , a member of the blow fly family
- Urban Wildlife - European Brown Rat (Rattus norveg...
- Urban Ant - Harvester Ant (Pogonomyrmex sp.)
- Spotted Bat (Euderma maculatum)
- Northern Yellow Bat (Lasiurus intermedius)
- Mexican Brown Bat (Myotis velifer)
- La Plata Three-Banded Armadillo (Tolypeutes matacu...
- Barred Rock Chicks (Gallus gallus domesticus)
- Green Bottle Fly
- Funny Face Grasshopper
- Salmonberry River
- Bad Luck With Salmon
- Coyotes In The Neighborhood
- Skipping Rocks
- Western Juniper Tree (juniperus occidentalis) At N...
- Bushy-Tailed Woodrat (Neotoma cinerea)
- Rusting Metal Tank
- Abandoned Tanker Truck
- Abandoned Highway
- Common Raven (Corvus corax)
- From Ocean Depths To The Backyard
- Lambing Season
- King Vulture (Sarcoramphus papa) Tropical Color 4
- Military Macaw (Ara militaris) Tropical Color 3
- Gaudy frogs - Tropical Color 2
- Mouthless Crab (Gecarcinus quadratus) Tropical Col...
- Seeds On The Wind
- Spotted Wing Fruit Fly (Drosophila suzukii) Ovipos...
- Spotted Wing Fruit Fly (Drosophila suzukii) Versio...
- Spotted Wing Fruit Fly (Drosophila suzukii)
- Pollen Detail Of White Trillium (trillium Ovatum) ...
- ▼ April (30)
- ► 2008 (19)
- ► 2007 (15)